These beautiful golden brown corn fritters are cheesy, sweet, and savory with just a little heat from the jalapeños. The corn fritter batter is prepared the same way you would make pancakes. My Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Fritters are a quick and easy side dish or veggie meal everyone will love.
Corn fritters are a great summer recipe when corn is fresh and at its sweetest. Although this recipe works great with frozen corn as well. They are an awesome side dish for barbeques and cookouts and an excellent year-round option.
Corn Fritter Ingredients
- Corn: Fresh, frozen, or canned, they all work great for this recipe. Three ears of corn yield roughly 2½ cups of corn.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded and chopped into small pieces to mix throughout the batter, the cheddar and corn are perfect together.
- Jalapeños, Red Pepper Flakes, and Garlic: They aren’t very spicy in this recipe, it’s just enough to provide a hint of heat and great flavor.
- Eggs and Flour: Fritter batter is just like making pancakes!
- Scallions and Flat-Leaf Parsley: The herbs are a great addition to the recipe.
How to Remove Corn from The Cob
There are dozens of gadgets, tricks, and tips on the internet for how to remove the corn kernels from the cob. My favorite is simply to place a cutting board inside of a sheet tray. The sides of the sheet tray will catch the majority of the kernels as they try to bounce away.
Garnish for Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Fritters
- Sour Cream: A great creamy topping, perfect with these crispy corn fritters
- Butter: Who doesn’t love melted butter on corn? Yum!
- Chopped Herbs: Chopped fresh scallions, parsley, chives, and thyme. Anything topping that sounds good on corn is great with fritters as well.
- Peaches and Blueberries: It’s summer and the peaches and berries are in season. What better topping for a great summer recipe like these delicious corn fritters?
- Crispy Bacon: If you like bacon this is a great addition.
Here is my Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Fritters recipe
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Fritters
- 3 Ears Corn on the Cob Approximately 2 1/2 cups
- 3 Scallions White and green parts
- 1/4 Cup Flat-Leaf Parsley Chopped
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Crushed and chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Sour Cream
- Chopped herbs
- Peaches and Blueberries
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob and place in a mixing bowl
- Seed and dice the jalapeno, crush and chop the garlic and chop the flat-leaf parsley and add to the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add to the bowl
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add some vegetable oil to just coat the surface of the pan
- Add 1/4-cup of the batter to the pan, cook for approximately 2 minutes per side.