Bourbon Pecan Shortbread Cookies, is there anything more I need to say? Buttery, nutty, and chocolatey with just a whisper of Bourbon in the background. My Bourbon Pecan Shortbread Cookies have just a little-added texture to them with chopped and toasted pecans. I put a candied pecan half on top with a drizzle of dark chocolate to just push this bourbon cookie recipe right over the edge. A quick, and easy-to-make shortbread cookie recipe that stores well in the freezer, they are ready to bake off at a moment’s notice. I’m positive my Bourbon Pecan Shortbread Cookies recipe will be one of your favorites!
This shortbread cookie recipe is hard to resist, I could eat an entire batch myself!
Bourbon Pecan Shortbread Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter: A good quality butter makes all the difference when baking. I prefer to use European-style butter, it’s what I think butter should really taste like.
- All-Purpose Flour, Granulated Sugar, and Salt: This shortbread is not too sweet, and salt simply highlights all of the other flavors. Without salt, the cookie would be dull and lack flavor.
- Pecans: The nuts should be raw and in tiny pieces. They will cook thoroughly in the oven inside the shortbread dough. The pecan halves on top will toast to a beautiful golden brown.
- Vanilla Extract: Always use a good, high-quality extract, the difference is noticeable and it’s worth paying a little extra.
- Bourbon: The amount of Bourbon is just enough to give the shortbread a nice flavor. The alcohol should burn off in the oven.
- Eggs: Just enough to bind the dough
- Dark Chocolate: The drizzle of dark chocolate on shortbread is amazing. Rich and buttery, toasted pecans, Bourbon, and chocolate? I don’t think shortbread can get much better.
Toasted pecans and warm chocolate drizzled over shortbread cookies
Here’s my Bourbon Pecan Shortbread Cookies recipe:
Bourbon Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Stand Mixer
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 1 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Ounces Bourbon
- 2 Cups Chopped Pecans Toasted
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- Pecan Halves
- Egg Wash 1 egg
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips Melted
- Chop pecans into roughly ¼ inch pieces
- Add pecan pieces to a dry skillet over high heat, tossing constantly for 4 minutes, remove and let cool
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add salt and egg, beat until incorporated
- Add vanilla extract and bourbon, beat until incorporated
- Add the flour and cooled chopped pecans, mix gently until just incorporated
- Divide the mix into 3 parts
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into roughly 1 ½ inch diameter logs (about the size of the tube inside of a roll of paper towels is good)
- Wrap each log individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour
- Slice the logs into 3/8-inch-thick slices and arrange on a sheet pan lined with a piece of parchment paper sprayed with oil
- Place a pecan half on top of each cookie
- Brush the top of cookie and pecan with egg wash
- Sprinkle sugar on top of the pecan half
- Bake @325 for 14-16 minutes
- Let cookies cool, transfer to a wire rack and drizzle with chocolate