These beautiful golden brown corn fritters are cheesy, sweet, and savory with just a little heat from the jalapeños. The corn fritter batter is prepared the same way you would make pancakes. My Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Fritters are a quick and easy side dish or veggie meal everyone will love.
Jalapeño cheddar corn fritters are a great summer recipe when corn is fresh and at its sweetest. Although this recipe works great with frozen corn as well. They are an awesome side dish for barbeques and cookouts and an excellent year-round option.
I could seriously eat this entire recipe of corn fritters by myself!
Corn Fritter Ingredients
Making corn fritters is very similar to making pancakes. My recipe for the jalapeño corn fritters has only a few simple ingredients and goes together in no time.
- Corn: Fresh, frozen, or canned, they all work great for corn fritters. Three ears of corn yield roughly 2½ cups of corn.
- Cheddar Cheese: Shredded and chopped into small pieces to mix throughout the batter. The combination of corn, cheddar, and jalapeńos makes the best corn fritters.
- Jalapeños, Red Pepper Flakes, and Garlic: They aren’t very spicy in these corn fritters, it’s just enough to provide a hint of heat and great flavor.
- Eggs and Flour: Corn fritter batter is just like making pancakes!
- Scallions and Flat-Leaf Parsley: The herbs are a great addition to the recipe and give my jalapéno corn fritters amazing flavor and color.
How to Remove Corn from The Cob
Jalapeńo cheddar corn fritters are best using fresh corn, cut from the cob just moments before making the batter. There are dozens of gadgets, tricks, and tips on the internet for how to remove the corn kernels from the cob. My favorite method is simply to place a cutting board inside of a sheet tray. The sides of the sheet tray will catch the majority of the kernels as they try to bounce away.
Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Fritter Garnishes
Just like pancakes, corn fritters are very personal. Everyone has their own unique way they like to decorate, garnish, and flavor them. Here are a few of my favorite garnishes for the jalapeño cheddar corn fritters. If you have any toppings or garnishes you like on corn fritters leave me a comment below, I’d love to try new toppings!
- Sour Cream: A great creamy topping, perfect with these crispy corn fritters
- Butter: Who doesn’t love melted butter on corn? Yum!
- Chopped Herbs: Chopped fresh scallions, parsley, chives, and thyme. Anything topping that sounds good on corn is great with fritters as well.
- Peaches and Blueberries: It’s summer and the peaches and berries are in season. What better topping for a great summer recipe like these delicious corn fritters?
- Crispy Bacon: If you like bacon it is a great addition to jalapéno corn fritters.
Here is my Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Fritters recipe
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Fritters
- 3 Ears Corn on the Cob Approximately 2 1/2 cups
- 3 Scallions White and green parts
- 1/4 Cup Flat-Leaf Parsley Chopped
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Crushed and chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- Sour Cream
- Chopped herbs
- Peaches and Blueberries
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob and place in a mixing bowl
- Seed and dice the jalapeno, crush and chop the garlic and chop the flat-leaf parsley and add to the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add to the bowl
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix to combine.
- Preheat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-high heat. Add some vegetable oil to just coat the surface of the pan
- Add 1/4-cup of the batter to the pan, cook for approximately 2 minutes per side.