My Super Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce recipe is so much better than the stuff that comes in the can. Tart and sweet, the orange and the apple add a nice complexity to this cranberry sauce that makes it great for a variety of uses. Not only is it great on turkey, ham, and dressing, etc. but I also love it on desserts and in cocktails.
Ever wonder what to do with leftover Cranberry sauce?
- Warm Apple Tarts with Vanilla Ice Cream garnished with my Super Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce.
- With my Orange Snickerdoodle French Toast with Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Frozen Cranberry Lemon Sorbet made with the Cranberry Sauce is an amazing treat and cocktail ingredient.
- My Frozen Cosmopolitan or Cranberry Apple Cider with Bourbon cocktails.
Just a few ideas that will have you craving my delicious and Super Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce recipe long after the Holidays are over.
Here is how to make my Super Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce:
Super Easy Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 12 Ounces Fresh Cranberries
- 2 Oranges Zest and juice
- 1 Golden Delicious Apple Peeled, 1/2-inch dice
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Water
- Add all ingredients except the zest to a small saucepan, and cook over medium-high heat
- Once it starts to boil and foam, reduce heat to medium
- Stir frequently and simmer for 15 minutes until all the berries have popped and the apple is soft
- Remove from the heat, add the zest and stir to incorporate
- Store in the refrigerator, covered