The Baked Turkey Meatballs are moist, tender, and very flavorful. I love making meatballs with turkey, they’re much healthy and lighter than the traditional pork and beef meatballs. Over time I’ve changed a few of the ingredients and the process to fit my particular tastes and to work a little better with my Spinach & Mushroom Marinara Sauce recipe.
There are two recipes I use in this recipe, my Turkey Meatballs recipe, and my Low-Acid Tomato Sauce recipe. These recipes work together really well and are a healthy and flavorful combination. My Spinach & Mushroom Marinara Sauce recipe is made San Marzano tomatoes, sautéed onions, mushrooms, and garlic, then at the end, finished off with fresh basil and spinach. Low acid, light, and healthy, the sauce has tons of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
Sensitive Stomach, Low-Acid Marinara Sauce
My Low-Acid Marinara Sauce recipe is foolproof, simple, and straight forward. I have several people in my family sensitive to acidic foods and so I have developed a few life hacks to help neutralize the acids in our diet. I’ll give you several options on how to customize the sauce and the meal to make it your own Low-Acid Tomato Sauce. Even if you don’t suffer from heartburn or GERD, you’ll love this low-acid tomato sauce recipe.
Here’s my Baked Turkey Meatballs Recipe:
Baked Turkey Meatballs
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey
- 3 Eggs Beaten
- 1/2 Cup Flat-Leaf Parsley Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half Or milk
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Onion Finely Diced
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Crushed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Add eggs to a large mixing bowl, beat well
- Add all ingredients except turkey, and mix well
- Add turkey, use a large fork and gently combine all ingredients, try to keep the ground turkey light and not compacted
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, lightly oiled
- Use an ice cream scoop to form the meatballs, place the meatballs in your hand and gently roll them to be perfectly round, place on the tray evenly spaced
- Place them in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, rotate the tray and continue baking for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 155F
- Remove from the oven, and place the meatballs in the hot marinara sauce for 10 minutes. Fully cooked turkey should be 165F