My Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons are moist, chewy and perfectly sweet. The dark chocolate and coconut are a great combination and an excellent complement to one another. Making Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons couldn’t be easier, rather than tempering chocolate (which can be a challenge) I simply melt dark chocolate chips and dip the macaroons in that. Quick, easy and delicious, it’s a fun recipe to get kids involved in and one they will definitely enjoy eating.
Here’s my Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons recipe:
Chocolate Dipped Coconut Macaroons
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 14 Ounces Sweetened Coconut
- 1 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips Melted
- Whisk egg whites and salt, once whites start to develop into a foam, slowly add ½ cup of sugar to form a meringue, whisk to firm peaks
- Combine remaining ingredients, fold in a 1/4 of the meringue to lighten the batter
- Fold in the remaining meringue, refrigerate for 1 hour or preferably overnight
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop macaroons onto a lightly oiled parchment sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 350F for approximately 15 minutes.
- Let cool
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler, or microwave is fine. Go slowly with a microwave, 15 seconds at a time, stir thoroughly after every microwave attempt, depending on how powerful the microwave, 3 or 4 times is probably more than enough, don’t burn the chocolate in the microwave
- Dip half of the Macaroon in chocolate, or drizzle chocolate over the top.