My Glazed Carrots recipe is definitely a throwback to my childhood. Ever since I was a kid I’ve loved the way my Mom and Dad made carrots. Buttery and sweet, their carrots always had a bright beautiful color and they were always the perfect side item. My Glazed Carrots recipe is quick and easy to make. They are perfect whether it’s on a Tuesday night with pork chops or a gigantic Thanksgiving meal. You can cut the carrots into pieces or shapes, or leave them whole as I did for this recipe.
Ingredients in Glazed Carrots
- Carrots: Regardless of whether you want a casual or formal presentation this glazed carrot recipe works great. Formal, I like the whole carrots with a little of the stem still attached. Casually, I will use baby carrots or cut them into bite-sized pieces. Either way, the carrots will still be cooked the same way.
- White Wine, Orange Juice, Apple Juice, or Chicken Stock: The choice is yours, I like to use the different liquids depending on what the main course is. You can use them individually or combine them for a unique mixture. A combination of orange and apple juice in these carrots is amazing with pork chops!
- Butter and Sugar: This is where the glaze becomes to die for. You can substitute brown sugar, maple syrup, or honey for the granulated sugar. Sweet, and buttery carrots, everyone will be going back for seconds so make a large batch!
- Salt and Black Pepper: I keep the seasonings simple and let the carrots do all the talking.
I love how pretty these glazed carrots look!
Here’s my Glazed Carrots recipe:
Buttery and sweet, their carrots always had a bright beautiful color and they were always the perfect side item. My Glazed Carrots recipe is quick and easy to make. They are perfect whether it’s on a Tuesday night with pork chops or a gigantic Thanksgiving meal.
I would be so happy if you followed me on Pinterest!Follow @SipsNibblesBites
- 1 Pound Carrots Peeled
- 1 Cup White Wine Substitutes: Orange juice, chicken broth or apple juice
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar Substitutes: Brown sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Flat-Leaf Parsley Chopped
- Peel and rinse the carrots, chop or leave whole, cooks choice
- Place all the ingredients in a large, heavy-bottom skillet, cover
- Over high heat, bring to a boil, reduce to medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes
- Remove cover and simmer until most of the liquid has reduced
- Test for doneness, I like mine al dente, but if you like them a little mushy, you may have to add more liquid to keep cooking.
- Remove from skillet and garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 5g31%
Vitamin A 12866IU257%
Vitamin C 4mg5%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
[…] Glazed Carrots […]
[…] Glazed Carrots […]