This is my go-to drink when I want a great cocktail and I don’t want to jump through hoops to make one. A simple Grand Marnier recipe that is quick and easy to make cocktail that is equally easy to drink. My Grand Marnier and Bourbon Cocktail recipe is a simple one.
This Grand Marnier cocktail is based on the Negroni cocktails formula of equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth. Only I change the ingredients to equal parts Grand Marnier, Bourbon, and sweet vermouth. Served on the rocks in a tumbler with a quick squeeze of lemon at the finish and a thin slice of lemon as a garnish, it’s an excellent cocktail, and one of my favorite Grand Marnier recipes. If you’re like me, it will become one of your favorites.
Grand Marnier and Bourbon Cocktail Ingredients
- Bourbon is an American whiskey. It is believed that Bourbon gets its name from Bourbon County, Kentucky. In order for whiskey to be called Bourbon, it must be made in the USA. The mash must contain at least 51% corn, with no additives or artificial colorings. Bourbon must be aged in new charred oak barrels that are aged on their sides to allow good airflow. In order to be considered ‘Straight Bourbon Whiskey’ it must be aged for a minimum of 2-years. I highly recommend the American Bourbon Association website if you’d like more detailed information.
- Grand Marnier is a French brand of orange liqueur. It is a Cognac distilled with the essence of Caribbean bitter orange. Reportedly Grand Marnier was named by the great hotelier César Ritz. Grand Marnier is often served neat as a digestif, or as a mixer in cocktails, I find it goes particularly well with Bourbon. When I worked as a pastry chef, I used Grand Marnier extensively in recipes for desserts and sauces.
- Sweet Vermouth is a fortified wine most often used as an ingredient in cocktails. The flavor is enhanced with a complex list of botanicals and is a key ingredient in many cocktails.
- Lemon Juice. I use just a whisper of lemon juice in this cocktail. A little goes a long way so go easy with it. You can always add more, but you can’t take it out once it’s in the cocktail.
Grand Marnier and Bourbon Cocktail recipe:
Grand Marnier and Bourbon Cocktail
- 1 1/4 Ounce Bourbon
- 1 1/4 Ounce Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 Ounce Sweet Vermouth
- 1/4 Lemon Juice Only
- Lemon Slice
- Fill a tumbler with ice, add all ingredients and give a quick stir
- Garnish with a slice of lemon