Light, and lemony, these Lemon Mascarpone Cookies have a wonderful tart flavor and cakey texture. Sprinkling them with powdered sugar gives these cookies with mascarpone cheese a perfect level of sweetness that makes them irresistible. I could seriously eat this entire batch of cookies by myself.
This Lemon Mascarpone cookie recipe can be made with all butter if you like, however, the mascarpone cheese adds a nice level of creaminess but this same recipe using all butter is pretty amazing as well. Yes, you will still want to eat the entire batch of cookies by yourself.
Here’s my Lemon Mascarpone Cookies recipe:
Lemon Mascarpone Cookies
- 8 Ounces Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Lemons Zest and juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine mascarpone cheese, softened butter, sugar, zest, and salt in a bowl, being careful not to mix too much air into the dough, mix with a rubber spatula until just combined
- Add the juice of the lemon and vanilla extract
- Add one egg at a time, mix until just combined
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, combine wet and dry ingredients until just combined
- Using a small (1-inch) ice cream scoop, scoop all the dough into small rounds, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Moving quickly so the dough doesn’t get warm, using your hands, roll the dough balls between your palms to make them round, then roll them in powdered sugar.
- Place the dough on a parchment sheet or silicon mat
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, let cool
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar before serving