Light, and lemony, these Lemon Mascarpone Cookies have a wonderful tart flavor and cakey texture. Sprinkling them with powdered sugar gives these cookies with mascarpone cheese a perfect level of sweetness that makes them irresistible. I could seriously eat this entire batch of cookies by myself.
This Lemon Mascarpone cookie recipe can be made with all butter if you like, however, the mascarpone cheese adds a nice level of creaminess but this same recipe using all butter is pretty amazing as well. Yes, you will still want to eat the entire batch of cookies by yourself.
Ingredients in Lemon Mascarpone Cookies
- Mascarpone Cheese: Light and creamy, make sure you allow the cheese to come up to room temperature before making the batter.
- Unsalted Butter: Make sure the butter is completely soft and at room temperature. I always use unsalted butter when baking, I want to control the flavor by adding my own salt to the cookie batter.
- Lemons and Vanilla Extract: Always zest lemons before juicing them. Use fresh lemons, not bottled juice. Two large lemons should yield approximately 1/4-cup.
- Granulated and Confectioners Sugar: Granulated sugar for the cookie batter, powdered sugar to roll the balls of dough prior to baking.
- Eggs and Salt: I always add the salt to the eggs before beating them. Salt is distributed evenly through the batter this way, and it gives the eggs a better texture.
- All-Purpose Flour and Baking Soda: Sift together to avoid and clumps
Here’s my Lemon Mascarpone Cookies recipe:
Lemon Mascarpone Cookies
- 8 Ounces Mascarpone Cheese Room Temperature
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Lemons Zest and juice, approximately 1/4 cup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine mascarpone cheese, softened butter, sugar, zest, and salt in a bowl, being careful not to mix too much air into the dough, mix with a rubber spatula until just combined
- Add the juice of the lemon, salt, vanilla extract, and eggs to a bowl. Beat the eggs well
- Sift together the dry ingredients, gradually combine the wet and dry ingredients a little at a time until just combined
- Using a small (1-inch) ice cream scoop, scoop all the dough into small rounds, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Moving quickly so the dough doesn’t get warm, using your hands, roll the dough balls between your palms to make them round, then roll them in powdered sugar.
- Place the dough on a parchment sheet or silicon mat
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, let cool
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar before serving