Marinated in fresh lime juice with a good shot of tequila these Salmon Burgers are moist, fresh, and delicious. I buy whole salmon filets and grind them in the food processor to make my Tequila Lime Salmon Burger recipe and it makes all the difference. Topped with an easy-to-make, Homemade Chipotle Pepper Sauce that’s creamy and just a little spicy, the burgers are as delicious as they are easy to make.
Our grocery store has a really good fish selection and they used to make these amazing Tequila Lime Salmon Burgers, and then for some reason, they stopped making them. Considering we would eat these burgers at least once a month, it was disappointing that they went away. Luckily for us, they did because my recipe is so much fresher, moister, and delicious than the store-bought version. We like them served either on a wheat bun with all the usual hamburger toppings or over a bed of greens for a low-carb healthier option. You’re going to love my Tequila Lime Salmon Burger recipe.
Can the Salmon Burgers be modified?
There is always room for experimenting with something as versatile as a Salmon Burger. Any regular hamburger recipe can easily be converted to this basic salmon burger recipe. Here are some of my favorites…
- Lemon and Dill Salmon Burgers are one of our other favorites
- Garlic, ginger, and teriyaki sauce for an Asian inspired burger
- Greek-inspired Salmon Burgers with Feta or goat cheese and spinach are amazing.
- Southwestern Salmon Burgers with Hatch chiles topped with guacamole is always a crowd pleasure at our house.
Here’s my Tequila Lime Salmon Burger Recipe:
Tequila Lime Salmon Burgers
- 1 Pound Salmon
- 1 Ounce Tequila
- 1 Lime Zest and juice
- 2 Tablespoons Pickled Jalapenos or Pickled Hatch Chiles
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro Chopped
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Creamy Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Chopped Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Remove skin from the salmon filets and dice into 1-inch pieces, place in a large non-reactive mixing bowl
- Add all ingredients, stir and let marinate for about 10 minutes
- Place the salmon mixture into a food processor and short pulse 3-4 times until it has the texture of hamburger meat
- Form into 4 patties
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sear the burgers for 7-8 minutes on each side
Creamy Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- Combine all, stir
Salmon burgers are a delicious, low-calorie, and healthy alternative to a traditional beef burger
Health Benefits of Salmon
Many experts recommend eating two servings of fish per week. Although, I’m guessing my Pub Style Fish and Chips aren’t what they have in mind. My Salmon Burgers on a wheat bun sauteed in olive oil and topped with a Chipotle Pepper Sauce made with greek yogurt is a great way to get the healthy salmon into your diet.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids are considered essential fat since our bodies can not create it for ourselves. Credited with lowering blood pressure, reducing inflammation, reducing the risk of cancer are among its many benefits.
- Salmon is an excellent source of quality protein and an excellent alternative to chicken and beef.
- High in B-vitamins, selenium, and potassium