Although there is no added sugar to this recipe, my Limoncello Martini recipe is deceptively sweet and easy to drink. My Limoncello Martini is 99% vodka, mixed with more vodka, so go easy on these, although quick and easy to make, this is not a beginner’s drink. My original recipe was 2-ounces Vodka with 1-ounce Limoncello, it’s really good, but a 3-ounce shot is a little too much. I want this Limoncello Martini recipe to stay ice cold, and the 2-ounce version is easier to drink before it loses that iciness.
- What is Limoncello? Limoncello is a strong, Italian liqueur made with the zest of lemons, sugar and either vodka or grappa. Limoncello has a wonderful, intense lemon flavor and is normally served chilled, either before a meal as an aperitif or after the meal as a digestif.
- Is Limoncello an Apéritif or a Digestif? Typically served at the end of a meal, Limoncello is a Digestif.
- How much alcohol is in Limoncello? With an alcohol content in the 28-32% range, it’s strong. Woof.
Here is my Limoncello Martini recipe:
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 1/2 Ounces Vodka I like Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 3/4 Ounce Limoncello
- 1 Slice Lemon
- Combine the ingredients in a shaker with ice
- Shake 40-50 times until ice cold
- Serve in a chilled Martini glass