Light, fresh, gorgeous, and healthy, the Mediterranean Summer Salad is quick and easy to prepare.
Cool and refreshing, with a bright, simple lemon vinaigrette and eye-popping beautiful colors. The measurements aren’t really all that important, I usually just go by eye and what looks right, so if you have a little more or less of one ingredient, it’s no big deal.
Mediterranean Summer Salad Ingredients
- Cucumbers: Any cucumbers will work in this recipe. I prefer English or Seedless cucumbers, the few seeds that they do have aren’t bitter. Therefore no need to scrape the seeds and makes things a lot easier.
- Tomatoes: Any variety of tomato will work. However, I prefer Roma or cherry tomatoes, they’re meatier and not as watery.
- Red Onion and Radishes: These onions and radishes are pretty and bring a nice pop of color. They also have a nice pungency to them. Both the red onion and the radishes work well with all of the other salad ingredients and the vinaigrette.
- Flat-Leaf Parsley and Mint: Bright and fresh, these herbs are a refreshing contrast to the other ingredients.
- Yellow Bell Pepper: Sweet, mild peppers are very pretty and add great flavor as well as visual appeal.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: Lemons and olive oil with only salt and pepper to season it. This vinaigrette couldn’t be quicker or easier to make and it tastes amazing!!!
It looks and tastes so amazing, I could seriously eat this entire bowl by myself!
Here’s how I make my Mediterranean Summer Salad recipe:
Mediterranean Summer Salad
- 1 Cucumber 1-inch dice
- 1/2 Red Onion Long slices
- 2 Cups Tomatoes Large dice
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Large dice
- 6-8 Radishes Quartered
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Mint
- 1 Cup Chopped Flat-Leaf Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Lemons Juice only
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss to combine
- Serve chilled, may be made up to two hours in advance