Bourbon Smash cocktails are some of my favorite cocktail recipes. I experiment with a wide variety of fruits and berries when making Bourbon Smash recipes. One of my all-time favorite summertime cocktails is my Peach Bourbon Smash! Sweet, cool, and refreshing, it’s easy to drink and easy to make. I use peaches in this cocktail, but all stone fruits are excellent with bourbon. Apricots, plums, and nectarines have all been amazing as substitutes for my Peach Bourbon Smash recipe, and I mix it up quite a bit. I usually just go by what looks best when selecting the fruits.
I’ve found that peaches are usually at their peak roughly around the first or second week in August. They’re sweet, juicy, and just about the most perfect thing you’ve ever tasted. Mix in a little ice-cold bourbon, and some lemon and you’ve got yourself a party. I always taste a slice of the peach before making my Peach Bourbon Smash cocktail in order to determine how sweet it is. Not all peaches were created equal and some will be sweeter than others. I vary the amount of simple syrup based on the quality of the peach to get the best result.
There is a lot of fruit being muddled in this cocktail and it will clog up your cocktail shaker in the blink of an eye. For best results, muddle the fruit and liquor together in a tall glass without then strain the mixture into a cocktail shaker over ice. You’ll save yourself a big mess!
Here is my favorite Peach Cocktail recipe
Peach Bourbon Smash
- Muddling Tool
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1 Peach Fresh or frozen
- 4 Ounces Bourbon
- 2 Ounces Aperol Orange Liqueur
- 1-2 Ounces Simple Syrup Depends on the sweetness of the peaches
- 1 Lemon Juice only
- 2 Mint Sprigs
- 2 Slices Lemon
- 4 Slices Fresh Peach
- Slice the peach in half and remove the stone, slice each half into 6-8 slices (depends on the size of the peach), taste a slice to determine how much simple syrup to use.
- Reserve 4 slices for garnish
- Place the remaining peach slices into a tall glass, add the liquor and simple syrup, muddle the mixture well
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker and strain the muddled liquor into it, cover and shake well
- Strain into a tumbler over ice
- Garnish with peach slices, lemon slice, and mint