There are only four ingredients in this delicious, frozen, chocolaty little miracle, guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. And the best part, it takes only 15 minutes of work to put the entire thing together and no need for an expensive or messy ice cream machine. Although like all ice cream, my Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream recipe has to set up in the freezer overnight for it to be totally solid, so I guess ‘miracle’ was a little too strong of a word.
Ice cream machines really only do two things, they begin the freezing process and they whip air into the mixture giving it a smooth, light and airy texture. By starting with all of your ingredients and the mixing bowl near freezing, half of the battle is already won, you do have to wait for a little before adding the chocolate chunk, otherwise, they will all sink to the bottom. You’re going to love my Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream recipe, it’s quick, easy and incredibly delicious.
Here’s my Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream recipe:
Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream
- Stand Mixer
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream Whipped
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 14-ounces
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks
- Place mixing bowl, and all ingredients in the freezer for about 30 minutes, you want everything to start off very cold
- Combine heavy cream and cocoa powder in the mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form (an electric mixer is best)
- Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk for one additional minute, return the entire bowl to the freezer for one hour, stir, repeat this process every hour until the ice cream is thick enough to support the weight of the chocolate chunks (about 2-3 hours)
- Add the chocolate chunks and stir to combine, scoop mixture into the ice cream container and freeze overnight