There are only four ingredients in this delicious, frozen, chocolaty ice cream, guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth. And the best part, it takes only 15 minutes of work to make this recipe, and no need for an expensive or messy ice cream machine. Although like all ice cream, my Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream recipe has to set up in the freezer overnight for it to be totally solid.
Ice cream machines really only do two things, they begin the freezing process and they whip air into the mixture giving it a smooth, light, and airy texture. By starting with all of your ingredients and the mixing bowl near freezing, half of the battle is already won, you do have to wait for a little before adding the chocolate chunk, otherwise, they will all sink to the bottom. You’re going to love this Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream recipe, it’s quick, easy, and incredibly delicious.
No-Churn Ice Cream Ingredients
- Heavy Cream: Whipped to stiff peaks, this gives the ice cream a creamy silky smooth texture. Remember, the ice cream machine only does 2-things, freeze the mixture, and whip air into it. Whipping the cream mimics that process.
- Cocoa Powder: This gives the no-churn ice cream an amazing chocolate flavor and beautiful color. At this point the chocolate ice cream is perfect. You don’t even need to add the chocolate chunks.
- Chocolate Chunks: Crunchy bites of frozen dark chocolate in a silky smooth chocolate ice cream base. Perfection for chocolate lovers!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: Not only does the sweetened condensed milk add sweetness, but also adds a great creamy texture. to the no-churn ice cream.
Here’s my Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream recipe:
Chocolate Chunk No-Churn Ice Cream
- Stand Mixer
- 1 Pint Heavy Cream Whipped
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 14-ounces
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chunks
- Place mixing bowl, and all ingredients in the freezer for about 30 minutes, you want everything to start off very cold
- Combine heavy cream and cocoa powder in the mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form (an electric mixer is best)
- Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk for one additional minute, return the entire bowl to the freezer for one hour, stir, repeat this process every hour until the ice cream is thick enough to support the weight of the chocolate chunks (about 2-3 hours)
- Add the chocolate chunks and stir to combine, scoop mixture into the ice cream container and freeze overnight